Monday, February 14, 2011

For you...







Today is one more day – of the many days in the five years since his trip – when I send love to my best friend.  Today he also reminds me that love is eternal.

A psychic told me some years ago that he was my brother in another lifetime.  That made perfect sense to me because we recognized each other immediately and we were definitely family.  

I miss him.  He inspired me, validated me, valued me, understood me, and helped me remember that impossible was just a word.  Carpe Diem was his mantra and he lived that truth faithfully every second of his life.  He made me laugh at the silliest and, at the same time, the most profound things in life.  He spoke from the heart and was probably the most authentic person I ever met.  He was an amazing teacher and mentor but most of all he was always my dearest friend.  His light was so bright I was sometimes blinded by it – but he guided me through so that I could see.  If I could shine a similar light to others…that alone may justify my existence. 

He was such an incredible friend that he left me the most valuable gift he could when he left – his family.   What a gift!

He’s still around me.  He sends me messages of hope.  He tells me that there are more victories in my future.  He told me to start the year with a greater vision, that the dream is still alive.  That this is my year.  

Tonight part of my family in New York will get together to celebrate our love for each other and as usual, there will be a fourth chair for him. There will be many more chairs for him all over the world…






No comments:

Post a Comment