Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Expanding

Today I went to one of my "offices" in the neighborhood.  I call them that because even though they are accessible to the public, the fact that they exist force me to leave my beautiful home and venture out into the world to do what I need to do.  I am very productive and get a lot of work done when I go to the office.  During the day I read a few business publications and came up with a couple of new ideas, one of which I already initiated, and also  reconnected with a few former colleagues and friends on-line - all job hunting efforts that also give me pleasure because I am reconnecting with great people.

It's very nice to hibernate when it's less than 30 degrees.  I have even told my dentist I will not go out to see him unless it's over 30 degrees which makes total sense to me since his office is far from where I live.  I grew up in a very temperate climate, no extremes during any of the seasons, extremely pleasant all year round.  As much as I love New York, this winter seems to be particularly punishing to those of us from warmer temperatures.  Fortunately the groundhog brought good news this week, if you believe in his predictions - I think he's a male! -  spring will come early this year!  At a minimum that piece of news brought instant hope that soon my skin will feel normal again without being consistently attacked by blasts of high heat as well as see cherry blossoms from my window.  Walking around in less clothes would be another bonus - who can keep track of hats, gloves, scarves and other layers one has to put on to walk out the door?

It's also important to hear noises one doesn't want to hear and be out in the world to be part of it.  It's part of the expansion strategy that must take place in my life this year.  This is in every respect but particularly as it relates to my goal of finding an amazing job.  I'll do this again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment