Monday, March 21, 2011

Flow of the Earth





Scuplture:  La Mano en la Arena (The Hand in the Sand), by Mario Irrazabal, Playa Brava, Punta del Este, Uruguay


Yesterday I went to a workshop led by one of my spiritual teachers.  He is a very powerful healer.  The workshop was an intensive class to strengthen the perceptive intuitive mind.  I make it a point to see him when he is in New York because the experience is out of this world.  Literally.

First, he is able to feel the energy in the room collectively as well as individually.  Then he selects specific meditations for the group to achieve a certain level of consciousness so that we can be clear and aware.  He also suggests individual meditations to focus on certain issues that a given person may have.

He talked about many profound subjects and, among the most important to me, was how critical it was for us to be conscious of the earth especially as we process what happened in Japan. He said it was key not to separate from the earth because of the devastation and tragedy that it caused but rather to be close to it and feel it more than ever.  To consciously be aware of the wind as it caresses our cheeks, to feel the gravity of our bodies being pulled towards the earth, to feel the ground under our feet, etc.

In my post on Rebirth on March 17th, I talked about nature and being able to observe nature in New York.  It's still good to be close to nature and observe it but what is most helpful is to actually have the experience of nature. What I am doing now is I am imagining touching a tree or feeling the sand between my fingers when I meditate to feel closer to the earth.  I am also touching my plants as a I feed them and when I go out later today, will make sure I spend a few seconds touching the trunk of a tree, its branches, etc.

He said he felt collective fear in the people he met during his trip to California last week and that in New York he sensed that we weren't connecting to the earth as a group.

Then he asked when we thought people started to believe in God.  I replied that it happened when people started thanking for the wonderful things happening in their lives or something to that effect.  I probably don't remember because I didn't fully believe it.  He said that that was a comment that separated me from God as God is within us.  Inside of us, not outside of each one of us.  I believe in that.   My answer was more in line with the religion that I grew up with where you go to a Church to be with God - which shows how strong belief systems are.  But he reminded me of what I know is true.  In the part of me that transcends time and space, I know that God is within me.  God is not in front of me, he is in me.  That is incredibly powerful.

He also gave us a meditation not to separate from who we are and recognize ourselves. Whenever we feel stress we are not as present as we could be.  We tend to escape from our realities any way we can whether we are conscious or not.  Being clear and aware requires that we are present.  We can then be conscious for ourselves and for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment