Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thank You






I am very grateful for many things in my life.  Here are a few of those:

1)  From the moment I wake up every morning, it's as if I was in heaven.  I wake up in a very cozy bed, in a very quiet neighborhood in New York.  It reminds me of a time when as a child one of my favorite pastimes was to lie on the grass.  I would look at the clouds and tried to imagine what it would be like to lie on one of them.  I still do that when I have a chance because the pleasure is the same.  My bed is like a cloud.  There are no  garbage trucks making noise or police cars or firetrucks in my neighborhood...just peace and quiet. Nothing disrupts or breaks the morning's glory.

2)  I am healthy.

3)  I start the morning reviewing and then executing my list of priorities, usually focused on the job hunt.

4)  All the beautiful souls in my life whether they are in body or in spirit.  All of them loving me and supporting me in their own way. Hopefully I do the same for them.

5)  I can walk anywhere I want to go.   My mother was in a wheelchair during the last few months of her life and it was extremely difficult for her.  So I have special empathy for people that are in wheelchairs and every step I recognize as a gift to me.

6)  My spiritual teachers, who support me no matter how much of an ingrate I am (I am not the best at keeping in touch).  They have given me too many gifts to list here.  They have taught me tools to manage the many challenges in life.  I meditate every single morning and it makes a tremendous difference. One of the benefits is that I have become a much more conscious human being.  That is invaluable.

7)  Knowing that anything is possible.

8)  Being imperfect and humble enough to know some of the areas where I need to improve so that I always have something to work on and grow no matter how difficult it may seem.

9)  Feeling empathy and a desire to help people that are suffering.

10)  Being able to eat delicious, scrumptious, food.

11)  That I can breathe, learn, be inspired, have confidence in myself and in the future and be able to grow... and keep on growing.  And to be able to feel love.

I could keep going on and on but this is my basic list.  I don't know what the future holds.  I will be fine.  I feel protected.

My life is not without challenges but I know I can overcome anything.  We all can.

If you haven't made your list, it's a good way to remind yourself that there is a lot to be grateful for no matter what is going on in your life.




2 comments:

  1. Doing exactly what you've done here is what got me through some of the hardest times in my life. Great job Alexis! It WILL pay off for you, keep keeping the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony, your comment fills my heart with joy! Thank you so much for your beautiful words and sentiments. You know inside of you that you are infinite and very powerful, keep the faith as well! We are all in this together. You are already where you are supposed to be, trust the process.

    ReplyDelete