Monday, April 25, 2011

Energy




Writing these posts helps me put things in perspective.  I was with family all last week and didn't have time to write!  Between being with them and job-related meetings I had to go to, it was hard to also write my posts.  I also made a commitment to myself and to my followers that I wouldn't write just to write but rather write when I believe I have something to say.  

Today I write about energy because I feel I have little energy left to do what I need to do.  I am the first culprit in not spending my energy in the most productive of ways for myself.  I tend to go through papers again and again - that is somewhat of my signature approach to getting organized.  I also watch too much television as I search for a job.  I can list several other sins which will remain a mystery...

It's easy not to focus on what we need to because distractions abound.  I wouldn't call family distracting because I don't see them often and every minute is enjoyable and precious.  But there are real distractions such as watching TV or reading or doing random things aimlessly that are not productive at all.  Whenever I have been successful, it's been because I placed laser-like focus on what I wanted to accomplish.  That is the most effective way for me to get things done.  I set a target and decide that there are no excuses to not getting it done within a certain timeframe and in a certain way.  That helps me tremendously.

So starting tomorrow I'll wake up at 5:00 a.m. No excuses, including the one where I can go on and on about the fact that my bed is like a beautiful, white, cloud. I can talk myself into staying in bed because "it's so much like a cloud, I can't get up from it". I can come up with many creative excuses.  In addition to waking up early, I will create a list of "must do's" for tomorrow.  An aggressive list with tight deadlines.  Then I will push myself to complete this list.  I think that will help me get back on track.  Not the general track, my track...Once I get things on my list done, I'll take a nice, long, break...it's good to mix up hard work with taking some breaks.

Yes, my bed is like a white cloud.  But so is heaven.  I am on earth, I have to do earthly things and get things done!   And then go back to the cloud...


No comments:

Post a Comment