Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stress



"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
Vincent Van Gogh

I haven't found the secret to reduce stress. It's definitely in the mind.  How one thinks about things results in stress or no stress.  Like Van Gogh, I can definitely focus on the stars or in something else that is beautiful and inspiring.  But my mind could then get lost in that for hours - now I'm paraphrasing Van Gogh - and what would I accomplish?  Being practical means that I have to work every day in those areas that are important to me in order to move forward.  I would prefer to look at the stars...or the clouds.

I focus on being positive no matter what.  However, what stresses me is usually related to prolonged periods of uncertainty.  I can handle the ambiguity surrounding most things but even I have a limit of tolerating the unknown.  The mere thought that I may be moving is stressing to me.  Maybe because the whole process is demanding, relentless and exhausting.  I keep reminding myself that I will confront that if and when it happens.

It is also very exciting.  There is an adventure that is unfolding in front of me.  I want it to continue to unfold to see what life will reveal.

In the meantime, I am stressed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment