Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another life...




On long and rare days when not even the smallest bit of hope is raising its head, I remember I have had other lives and I get great pleasure from the fact that this is one of many.  It helps me put everything in perspective.

It's going to sound quite annoying and arrogant but I do remember walking the many galleries of the Tuilleries Palace - now the Louvre Museum - and remembering it from another lifetime.  I know I Iived there.  I was not a servant, I remember being there as part of the court.  I am not sure whether I was a man or a woman but I was there.  When I go to Paris, I feel I am home. Especially when I am at the Louvre.

I am very curious to know more about past lives.  I just don't have the time right now to indulge in that kind of exploration.  Someday I will seek Dr. Brian Weiss and find out more details about my past lives.  In theory, it seems that one learns about issues one had and that may be still playing out in this lifetime and it helps to heal those issues.   I love many, many countries deeply but that's not the criteria I use.  My unscientific approach to "knowing" where I may have lived in another lifetime is focused on how familiar the place is to me, how much I recognize the "environs" and how much I feel part of it.

I have also read that the more lives you have lived the more you have learned and the more evolved you are.  Which is why younger souls with fewer lives under their belts come to this planet and seem unprepared and are not as wise as other souls.  I somehow believe I have lived many, many lives...I don't have a recollection of the city where I lived but I have a special connection to Brazil and its people.  I have been in Rio de Janeiro, in Sao Paulo and in other smaller cities in Brazil but never recognized any of these as having been my home.  But the language brings back memories deep inside my soul.

As I wrote in Pink Elephants on February 24th, I'll be ready to go home once my time is up here on earth.  I am so happy I had the life I seem to remember in Paris years ago as well as others and I am very happy about the life I have now but going to my real home will be pretty wonderful too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment