Monday, January 31, 2011

Around the corner

The one thing that is certain about life - other than the fact that our physical bodies have a limited life span - is that there are always surprises around the corner.  Yes, it's true that all kind of surprises may take place and some we could do without, but I choose to focus on the great and amazing things about to surface in my life.  The best part is that those incredible surprises - which sometimes seem miraculous - may happen at any time and for no apparent reason.  These surprises are also not limited by my imagination which seems limitless but is sometimes constrained by what I believe is possible.  Which is why pessimistic thoughts that our lives are doomed is only self-destructive and gets us stuck for a longer time in a hole that is not even a deep hole to step out of if we choose to do so.  No one's life is doomed to anything, we all have opportunities to reach our goals and dreams.

It's hard to believe in that sometimes when I get either anxious or caught up in doing things versus "being" and flowing with life.  It's important to be pragmatic and take care of things - especially those with a deadline - but at the same time I need time to reflect and be with myself.  That reminds me that I am a spiritual being in a human body.  It also helps me to be open to everything and to look forward to whatever fills my heart and soul.

I don't have to balance what I see as having an optimistic perspective of life with the realities of life because I have my share of reality already.  I choose to deal with those challenging realities in a way that propels me to what's great in life.  I live a privileged life as there is a long list of things I am grateful to have.  I am actively pursuing the rest of what I want in my life.

It's out there.  It's coming.  I'm ready.


2 comments:

  1. i' m sorry, i am not a good user of technology,so i left you a message in your october text called "angels in our midst" thinking that this was the last time you blogged. obviously wrong. just now i found out your last texts.i am writing you this because i would like you to see the other comment too. and just to tell you that reading some of your texts was inspiring and a relief. i am reluctant in commenting etc but this was important to share with you. chogyam rinpoche said that in this universe there is "a reservoir of trust". and that we can trust that we always get support when we need it and the way we need it. so your texts where my support for today. thank you. efi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that some of the posts have been helpful to you. Thank you for letting me know. Your feedback is important. Absolutely there is always support not only from within but also from others - if you ask you may receive too. I have trouble asking for help but you would be surprised how many people are willing to lend a hand and an ear whenever it is needed. Keep the faith in yourself!

    ReplyDelete