Sunday, January 23, 2011

First of many...

I am starting to post some thoughts about my life mainly to inspire myself.  If it inspires others in the process, so much the better.

I am creating the blog as a companion to what is a challenging process:  life.  After four years of struggling to achieve a professional goal and finally reaching it, one of my spiritual mentors reminded me that I had not arrived anywhere, that I had not reached my destination as life with all its challenges and miracles still needed to play out.  That applies to any goal - personal or professional - that one reaches. We never arrive anywhere since we then move on to the next challenge, the next opportunity...which is why savoring being in the present to enjoy that unique feeling of being successful in that instant is so important.

And...here I am.  Back home in New York with all its possibilities and its beauty.  I am very happy to be back in a city that has its own vortex and where there is order in the midst of total chaos.  I have so many homes, yet this is a special one because all members of my family lived here while I was growing up, now I am the only one left.  Everyone else in my family is in some other city.  Also it's a place where I can be and do what I want within the construct of respect towards myself and others.  I feel free as well as closer to being able to achieve my potential because of all the challenges inherent in a big city like New York.

One of my most pressing challenges this month - will write about others in future posts - is finding the right job.  I am looking for a job where I may integrate my many skills and contribute in a significant way to the company I work for, to my team, to my peers, and ideally, to society at large.  And, of course, where I am compensated for that contribution not only monetarily but by being surrounded by people that think big and can recognize the value of the vision. That would be the ideal job.  I know there is such a job and I know I will find it.

I have applied to job postings in areas that I am passionate about which is all about creating and inventing the new and making it real.  I am good at imagining the future while taking care of those pesky little details required to create the future today.

Finding a job is one of a few challenges I am facing and one that that keeps me very busy...

This ride called life continues...it is a fun and very interesting ride!  

No comments:

Post a Comment