Thursday, August 18, 2011

To Roam...



I believe there is a perfect order in each of our lives.  Even as I have embarked on the tedious and laborious process of moving from my beloved home, I realize that there is something better ahead.  Something different that will make me as happy or more than today.

Moving is not fun at all.  It is incredibly disrupting both in terms of the physical aspects as well as it breaks one's concentration on whatever one is focused on at the time.  I'm still focused on identifying the right job opportunity which in itself is quite time-consuming - it's akin to a full-time job.  I'm also focused on creating a company which involves quite a bit of reading, assimilating, imagining, thinking, etc., etc.  It's a lot of work but it's enjoyable.

Only thing I have been able to come up as enjoyable about moving is discarding stuff that one forgets even exists in some corner of the closet that has absolutely no use to me anymore.  Maybe it has use for someone else so if it's in good condition, I have been donating these items.  Getting rid of things allows the new to come in.

The most important message I have been getting is that because there is a perfect order in everything in my life, this is the right step.  It's exciting not to know what comes next.  In many ways, it's what similar to the work I like to do best - creating the future.  It's also very good not to be constrained by structural issues such as an apartment and belongings - I am once again free to roam.  I need that in this lifetime.

Getting the chance to roam again and explore...how lucky!  The challenge will be about making the right choices to make sure I end up with the right job, in the perfect place...so it is about roaming in the sense that I will have less things that tie me down but it will be about roaming with a clear sense of direction and focus so that I get there.  I realize there is a danger in losing the focus so that's a real challenge going forward.

Roaming and staying focused...are they compatible?  I guess I'll find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment