Friday, May 27, 2011

I Believe





I am not writing in this post about any religious beliefs or any ingrained beliefs about any specific topic.  This post is about how important is to believe in yourself.  Being successful in life requires that you have unwavering belief in who you are and what you are able to do with your life.

How our external life develops is about what we believe about ourselves.  Sometimes we lose hope and perspective even though what carries us through to success are our beliefs.  It is about the level of faith we have in ourselves and a given outcome.  It's similar to what I was saying in Winning, my post of March 29th, only it's harder to identify because it's happening at an unconscious level.  The challenging part is that we are often unaware when our internal tape is saying something different from the life we are trying to build.

So when nothing happens we blame it on everything except with how we may be thinking about ourselves.  Granted, there may be other forces at work.  There may be an astrological issue such as Mercury Retrograde going on or even the fact that not everything we go after is good for us.  Sometimes things not working out as we want them to is a blessing in disguise that we may or may not appreciate after the fact.  However, in some instances, we may be sabotaging ourselves by not projecting the right energy to the universe.

Just to make sure, I am affirming subliminal messages to myself.  I have downloaded an interesting set of affirmations called Stress from Louise Hay (www.louisehay.com) to make sure my mind is aligned with what I want in my life.  I believe in adding to your chances to succeed so for me it's a natural step.  On the other hand, I don't believe in doubting yourself and fortifying that doubt with superstition.  There is a fine line with taking advantage of options that will propel you to success and becoming insecure and seeking every self-help book or tape to help you.

I am sharing it with caution although I know that positive messages would only be helpful.   We deserve to be happy, we deserve the best for ourselves...so let's think that way and open the path for it to happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment