Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My World




It's an amazing world.  Not perfect, but it is mine.  It has almost everything one may want.  A great home, nature close by, a city where anything is possible and where culture abounds.  Friends and family in many cities close and far.  Food in the refrigerator is plentiful and the sun sets every day right in front of my eyes.  I am working on two major projects, getting a job and creating my own company and some limited engagements.  A life where I focus on living from my heart and mostly achieve that.  A life where I am able to pursue my passions and dreams if I give myself the time for it.  A life where I am free to think, say and do pretty much what I want on a daily basis.  Life is good.  No complaints from this corner.

To create a new world is a decision I could make at any point.  I have done that before and there were some good things but also great risk.  I love risk and adventure but somehow feel like putting a stake in the ground (unless I am windswept) and continue to build something in the world I am in already.

I can't help think about people that were literally windswept by a tornado recently or affected by an earthquake or a tsunami.  Their worlds changed in an instant.  From one moment to the next, they lost their homes, their loved ones, their neighbors...but they didn't lose themselves.

As we all go through major changes that's a very important thing to remember.  We may lose possessions, we may lose loved ones but we have ourselves.  We are strong, we are resilient, we will endure and overcome anything.  And we can teach others to do the same...until we can't do it any longer.  For now, we exist and we are at the core of our worlds irrespective of what surrounds us and what affects us.  We can get through everything and anything.

Faith. Strength. Courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment