Sunday, June 5, 2011

Expanding



I went to a yoga class yesterday.  One of the exercises was to envision being in space.   The vastness of space reminded me how broad we really are and how we keep limiting ourselves.  I limit myself more often that I want to.  When I become aware of it, I focus on expanding.

Expanding sometimes involves just thinking of the opposite of what I think I want.  For example, as some of you know, I am weighing the option of staying in New York or moving to Brazil.  While I was originally strongly leaning towards New York I also let myself be open enough to entertain the thought of how much I would also enjoy Brazil.  Being the adventurer that I am, it is an attractive option.  I have very close friends in Brazil.  I love the language, I love the people, what's not to love?  However, right now, New York seems a better option in terms of getting a job offer in the near term.  Since I started out putting effort towards getting a job in Brazil and only recently New York seems to be on track to manifest, I feel I gave both cities equal chance.  I am letting the chips fall where they may.  

Expanding is about becoming more and more aware and conscious so that I may catch myself when I'm limiting myself unnecessarily.  Being close to nature helps me because I see how limitless nature is.  Nature keeps renewing, keeps growing, keeps changing...but its essence is always there.  Just like I do.  The ocean is constantly vast, keeps moving, keeps changing and is always there.  I'm very close to the ocean.  The ocean lives within me in the same way that space and the heavens do.

Expanding is also about being creative.  Engaging in creative activities no matter what they are.  I wrote about Inspiration on May 13th, and being inspired and creating something as a result of that is one way to touch the heavens.  To touch that aspect of ourselves that is not only limitless but where we may feel our pure and crystal spirits strongly.

I am limitless.  I just need to remind myself to use my soul to shine light on my path.


No comments:

Post a Comment